|Address:|| GOT Care! |
University of Connecticut School of Nursing
231 Glenbrook Rd. U-4026 Storrs, CT 06269-2026
The GOT Care! Project was awarded for 3 year HRSA funding in July 2014 under the Nursing Education, Practice, Quality and Retention (NEPQR) Program-Interprofessional Collaborative Practice (IPCP). With this project the UConn School of Nursing provides an innovative opportunity for nursing to display leadership in the development and execution of an IPCP team, based on the established IPCP Competencies from the Interprofessional Education Collaborative (2011). The GOT Care! team includes clinical faculty with geriatric expertise.
This faculty provides opportunities for their students, including undergraduate/pre-licensure and graduate advanced practice nursing students, and students from medicine, dental medicine, pharmacy, physical therapy, social work, and public health, to gain critical knowledge and experience in the care of vulnerable older persons, while simultaneously developing highly valuable skills in IPCP. The team of clinical faculty and their students provide outreach to vulnerable older persons with multiple chronic conditions (MCC) and high emergency department use, in an effort to improve specific healthcare outcomes in collaboration with our clinical partner, Middlesex Hospital.
- Middletown Navy veteran honored at Community Follows the Patriot ceremony May 1, 2016Middletown Navy veteran honored at Community Follows the Patriot ceremony Cora Coleman and son Bill join David Coleman during a pinning ceremony to honor the U.S. Navy veteran through combined efforts of St. Luke’s Community Services, UConn School of Nursing and Middlesex Hospital.Kathleen Schassler — The Middletown Press By Kathleen Schassler, The Middletown Press POSTED: 05/01/16, […]
- UConn, Middlesex Hospital Receive Grant For Geriatric Care Study April 11, 2016By SHAWN R. BEALS, email@example.com August 25, 2014 MIDDLETOWN — The University of Connecticut School of Nursing and Middlesex Hospital are beginning a three-year geriatric care and research program in Middlesex County with a $1.4 million federal grant. Through outreach to the aging population in the area, the team […]
- Connecticut Hospital Association 2016: Community Benefit Report ft Got Care! March 24, 2016
- Uconn School of Nursing Newsletter featuring Got Care! (Page 4-5) March 17, 2016
- Inter-professional Health Care Training March 4, 2016Produced by– Urban Service track at the UCHC
- War Time Service Medal Pinning Ceremony December 18, 2015A Connecticut War Time Service Medal Pinning Ceremony was held on May 1, 2015 for Joseph Gladd, a WWII/Europe Coast Guard Veteran, led by UConn School of Nursing, GOT Care! Outreach Program. The ceremony was planned in conjunction with the Middletown CT American Legion Post, UConn Army and Air Force ROTC, Middlesex Hospital and […]
- New Site Launched December 16, 2015We are proud to announce the launch of our new website. Built on the the university Aurora service, this new version of our site sports a modern look, faster loading times, and works on all mobile and tablet devices.